A Lifestream is a time-ordered stream of documents that functions as a diary of your electronic life. In the era of the social networking this could mean more simply an aggregation of all the traces you leave around the web by using the varied heap of social networks out there.
So, do you want your own Lifestream, somewhat similar to mine? Good. Assuming you are a web developer (or anyone else that can do the following without further explanations):
- Download WordPress, then install it;
- Download Lifestream WordPress plugin and install it;
- Pick up a WordPress theme you like and that is easy to customise;
- Edit your theme to remove the bit that display the posts and add as many sidebars as you need;
- Play with the Lifestream plugin and its widget.
That’s it. Enjoy.
PS: I know, I know. I just don’t feel like writing a long post. It’d take more than what it took to me to set up my Lifestream about 30 mins ago…